Friday, April 24, 2015

My Dearest Sunflower ~ Dakota Wint poem

I want to be the wind that sweeps you off your feet,
I want to be the melody that you hum before you fall asleep,
The cliff that makes you fall in love.
I want to be the wave that pulls you under.
Know I don't have much to give, but I'm hoping my heart is enough.
I told her that she reminded me of a summer sunflower.
Lovely and beautiful.
She smiled.
Her smile was like the sun to me,
Lighting my world in the way I needed it to survive.
I miss her even when I'm next to her, and I love her more with every second.
Forever used to seem like a silly idea to me before I met her.
But if there's one thing I know now,
Out of all the uncertainty and out of all the fucked up things in the world,
Is that forever isn't long enough, with you
But it's the best we have.
So as for forever,
I'll see you there.

1 comment: